Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Blind Contour Drawing Exercise - Mountains


 








Landscape Drawing Exercise - The Ants Trail




  














Mountains- Approx. 14'x10' 
These two drawings go as a collection. The first one started as 6 separate blind contour drawings,  I then them cut up into many different pieces, and reassembled them to make one bigger drawing. I tried to arrange them so the lines fit together in some way. I used the tape lines as a grid and highlighted them to create more line work in the drawing. I used this marbling technique to get the design. I filled the bath tub up and started making my rings with ink it was a very relaxing process. I think the tape added to the drawing it creates lines for your eyes to follow breaking up the wild swirling ink marks. 

The Ants Trail- Approx. 10'x11'
My second drawing came from 4 pieces of drawings from the class, we each did one landscape drawing cut it up and swapped pieces with everyone. After taping them together I noticed it felt like a map so I used my pinhole method to create a trail throughout the landscape. I covered one side in wax and then soaked the whole drawing in wine overnight. I really enjoy how both sides are so different but they work nicely together. 


Materials used: 

Ink
Beeswax 
Wine 
Tape
Pen
Gesso 






No comments:

Post a Comment