Thursday, December 8, 2016

TASTE 

A Taste of Nature 
For my taste project I was very inspired by the idea of sustainability. Our whole way of life can contribute to this if we switch our brain onto it, without thinking about it, it is easy to miss. Everything I see and hear about waste makes my ears scream. In the grocery store if I forget to bring my own bags my heart crumbles a little at the thought, and when I see them double bagging my items my eyes widen with horror. This may be a little bit of an exaggeration but I feel so strongly that we not only need to recycle but we need to reduce waste. I hear so many people say don't worry I will recycle it but there needs to be a step before to reduce the waste of recycling also.  My grandparents are a huge inspiration for this they cannot stand any waste at all, they grew up during the war when conserving everything was absolutely vital there was no wasting anything. My grandparents also spent many years working for doctors without boarders in places where resources were incredibly scarce if not non existent.For my project I wanted to create something that related to this idea of sustainability I wanted to grow something that could be cut down by the viewer and eaten right there. I wanted this interaction of physically getting your own food from the "ground". I believe that people should be aware of where there food comes from and how far their food travels, it is important to know these things and important to remember that food can be grown in your back yard if you want! 

Artists and work I was inspired by: 

http://robertcannon.eco1start.com 

Robert cannon says "I feel strongly that the Green Movement needs real Green Art to transmit it messages and dreams, its not only up to the engineers, architects,  and activists but also up to the artists."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/environmental-art_n_5585288.html

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/01/sand-art-by-tony-plant/

Matierals:
Clay
Blue stone glaze
Moonlight glaze
Spouts
Crumbled Oreo cookies
















No comments:

Post a Comment