Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Multiple Panel - The Trail

My multiple panel drawing was inspired in many ways by aboriginal art. This multiple panel is very primitive the color palate and the mark making also seem to go with this primitive feel. I used a pinhole prick mark making technique which I learnt in class during the experiment exercise. I became very inspired by it and kept responding to these pinhole trails, it was very therapeutic to me. My process started by dyeing my tracing paper with tea and coffee and then dipping the paper into beeswax to give it a soft smooth feel. I then started making these trails of pinholes, each panel I responded to differently and let it become this big long map-like
drawing. A big part of this process was about experimenting with my materials. I think this drawing was successful in texture and marking making, but I want expand on it and work in different ways to get the pinholes to show up more in different lighting. While photographing this piece I noticed its mystery element, like a hologram while moving around the drawing more lines and trails are revealed in different lighting. at different angles.


https://www.aboriginal-art-australia.com/aboriginal-art-library/aboriginal-dot-art-behind-the-dots/

Approx 20'x5"
Materials:
Tracing paper
Beeswax
Coffee and tea
Hot glue gun
pin



















No comments:

Post a Comment