Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Transformation Drawing- Uncover


Change 1- Cover entire surface with art Graf Disc



2nd Change 


In process, Corn starch with water and blue acrylic paint 





First complete Transformation. Sealed with Elmer's glue

3rd Change 








4th Change- 


  





5th Change - 

       


       

6th Change

 






An artist who I was very inspired by while doing research for this transformation drawing was Judith Ann Braun. Her work is extremely based on mark making but also she uses her whole motion of her body for this work, she connects herself to it and becomes part of the drawing, you can see her movement and energy on these beautiful symmetrical drawings. I used this idea of moving across my drawing and using my body to become part of the drawing.  For each of my changes my work was very much based on texture and exploring what texture I could create. Every layer added more texture. 








No comments:

Post a Comment